Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Decision Making

Scripture: Acts 1:23-26 So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen 25to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs." 26Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

Observation: Judas has betrayed Jesus and met with a pretty gory end. Therefore, there is an open spot in the disciples that must be filled. Now the other disciples are trying to decide who it should be and what do they do but open it up for the Lord to make the decision.

Application: What would my decisions be like if I prayed before making them and then left it up completely to God? I believe that we as humans want some control and there is a part of us that even though we know our God to be faithful and true, we don't want to completely place our decisions in His hands. Yet, here is a great example of how we should let go and allow God to work in our lives.

Prayer: Lord, help me to give up more control over to you. I admit, I like to make my own decisions and even though I know that you only desire what is best for me... I often think that I know better than you, even when time and time again, I have proven this to be incorrect. I love you and I trust you. Amen

No comments: