Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Power of Scripture

Scripture: "Since you've been a child you have known the Holy Scriptures which are able to make you wise. And that wisdom leads to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given b God and is useful for teaching, for showing peopel what is wrong with their lives, for correcting fauls and for teacing how to live right. Using the scriptures, the person, who serves God will be capable of having all that is needed to do every good work." 2 Timothy 3:15-17

Observation: Scripture is the road map to life. It contains all the answers to all the questions ever asked. It can be painful and uncomfortable to read becuase it will show plaes in life that need to be turned around. It is also like a tool box given to the person reading it. All the tools they will need to do God's work.

Application: "The Bible says..." The Scripture is able to make you wise and that wisdom leads to salvation. The imporance of Scripture can never be denied or taken for granted. I will be different as I continue to dele into the Scriptures every day. As I follow this plan and journal so that I can experience spiritual growth.

Prayer: Almighty God. I know the answers lie in the Scripture. I know that my life will be blessd by reading them everyday, but days get so hectic. Give me strength and a burning desire to read scripture. Make me so hungry for your word that I can't do anything else. In Christ...Amen.

No comments: