Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Designed with a Purpose

Scripture Ephesians 1:11-12 (The Message) It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.

Observation: There is a plan! Long before we even became Christians, God has his eyes on us and designed us. He has a purpose for us and we all have a purpose in life. It's not for us, but for God and it's only through Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for.

Application: There was a time in my life when I was struggling. Knowing there was more for me than I was achieving. Even though I was achieving a great deal by the worlds standards, I was empty and could not figure out how to fill that hole. I realized it one night as I fell to my knees and and asked Christ back into my life. I have never been empty again. As I began to search for what God desired for my life, I began to hear the call to the ministry. It is there that I have found my purpose that God designed for me.

Every person created has been designed with a purpose. It is in God's great and wonderful plan. Each of us have different gifts and passions that are given by God and his desire is for us to use them for him. That is where true happiness lies, true satisfaction.

No comments: