Thursday, June 7, 2007

Trusting in God

Scripture: Ephesians 3:7-8This is my life work: helping people understand and respond to this Message. It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details. When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background in God's way, I was the least qualified of any of the available Christians. God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities.

Observation: God has a plan for your life work and you probably don't feel qualified to do it. There are always more people around who are more qualified or have better skills...yet, God never let's us down and makes sure that we are equipped to do what He wants us to do. It does not matter if we have the natural abilities or not...all we need is a willingness to go where God has called and He will handle all the details.

Application: As we start this new church, I feel so under qualified. I've been through numerous course/workshops/conferences. I've read all the books on new church development. I've met with so many new church pastors and yet, I'm still scared to death. Through this Scripture, I hear God saying that the way I'm feeling is okay and to have confidence in Him. He is the Master, the Creator and He will see to it that all who are involved in this will be equipped to do whatever it is He has called them to do. Peace is found there.

Prayer: Almighty God, thank you for this call and I trust in you to give whatever is needed to accomplish your mission. In Christ. Amen

No comments: