Friday, June 1, 2007

Seeing the Fingerprints

Scripture: Romans 11-14 (The Message) But make sure that you don't get so absorbed and exhausted in taking care of all your day-by-day obligations that you lose track of the time and doze off, oblivious to God. The night is about over, dawn is about to break. Be up and awake to what God is doing! God is putting the finishing touches on the salvation work he began when we first believed. We can't afford to waste a minute, must not squander these precious daylight hours in frivolity and indulgence, in sleeping around and dissipation, in bickering and grabbing everything in sight. Get out of bed and get dressed! Don't loiter and linger, waiting until the very last minute. Dress yourselves in Christ, and be up and about!

Observation: It is easy to get caught up in the day to day activities of life. We are constantly pulled in a million different directions and it's so very easy to become oblivious to God. However, God is still at work in the world and if we are not paying attention, we will miss it. Every moment is a gift, every sunrise a blessing and if we sleep through them or are worried about everything everyone else is doing, we will miss some incredible blessings.

Application: Each and every day, the Lord is doing some mighty incredible things. Every where we look, a miracle of God is present. However, we so often miss them because we are not paying attention; we are pre-occupied with our own life; or we have become so accoustomed to the great things we forget to look for them any longer. It's a challenge to see great things of God when my day has gone to pot. It's hard to recognize the fingerprints of God when I've had a bad day. Sometimes, I don't even want to see them...I just want to wallow in my grief. What a shame at what I am missing.

So how am I going to be different from this passage? I want to look for the things in life that are the handy work of God Almighty. Even when my day is going bad.

Prayer: Gracious and giving God. I thank you for the wonderful profession you have called me to. I thank you for my wife and my kids. I praise you for my incredible in-laws...the brothers and the sisters I never had

No comments: