Sunday, September 13, 2009

God Loves Even the Wicked

Scripture: Ezekiel 33:10 "Son of man, speak to Israel. Tell them, 'You've said, "Our rebellions and sins are weighing us down. We're wasting away. How can we go on living?"' 11 "Tell them, 'As sure as I am the living God, I take no pleasure from the death of the wicked. I want the wicked to change their ways and live. Turn your life around! Reverse your evil ways! Why die, Israel?'

Observation: Here i a plea from God through the prophet Ezekiel to those who are not living the life that God desires them to live. They are doomed and wasting away. Their life is burdened by the weight of sin and its a struggle and God wants them to know that it doesn't have to be this way. God is saying through Ezekiel, "I'm not having fun here watching you and there is a better way." Yet, God puts the ball back into their court so that the decision is theirs not God's.

Application: There are so many who struggle in life and feel like a huge weight is attached to them that they are having to carry around. I know this feeling intimately and the only way that I found to shed the weight/burden was to turn my life around. I had to quit doing the destructive things that I was doing and make a deliberate decision to follow God. Does this mean that I have never done wrong again, NO. But I now have been let in on a little secret...The more you live a life that God wants and desires for you to live, the more happy, satisfied and content one will be.

Prayer: Thank you God for your love and Grace. Thank you that you never give up on us, even when we have given up on ourselves. Thank you for the extraordinary ways that you continuously convey your mercy. I love you.

1 comment:

Becca Allison said...

This is lovely, and what so many need to hear. I have "stolen" it and put it in my blog. I like the "SOAP" idea as well. You can see my blog (link through Facebook) and maybe comment on some of my blogs. I have become a Lay Speaker at Latham, and I can always use help with my messages. Thanks!
Becca