Sunday, September 27, 2009

Special Day

Today was one of those days that turned out to be better than I could have ever planned or imagined. It all started with a sermon that I had been working on for the better part of a week and I felt pretty good about it. I was going to video it in order to send it in to the Board of Ordained Ministry and so I even got dressed up this morning. (Always want to put my best foot forward for the BOOM.) Yet, when I got to the school it just didn't feel right. We had an extremely small crowd this morning and I just felt that what was planned wouldn't be what was best for those who was there. I also didn't feel that I could give it my best for the video. So, we sat around, we sang, we got closer to one another and we talked about how we have seen God working in our lives. We talked about real life stuff and how God has had a direct impact upon it. It brought us around to talking about how life tries to distance us from God to the point that often we overlook some pretty cool things that God is doing and then we wonder why God is not there. It's not that he isn't there, it's that we aren't looking for Him.

Then the kicker, during the service, Zach had his Bible blow open to a piece of scripture that he read and it was right in line with what we had been talking about. Then Eric, had the same thing happen to him TWICE!! His passage also went right along with what we were talking about. Incredible stuff. Thank you to all who were there and for your willingness to share what God is/has been doing in your life.

No comments: