Wednesday, May 16, 2007

BIG Work for God

Scripture: Then David continued, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly. 1 Chronicles 28:20

Observation: Solomon has been given a monumental task in building a temple for God. He must have been overwhelmed or at least King David thought he was or would be due to the enormity of the task set before him. So, through these words of confidence, David tells Solomon where strength is and in a way assures him that it is not him working alone that will build the temple but only through him working with God will the temple be finished CORRECTLY.

Application: This scripture really hits close to home. As we are in the beginning phases of building a church, I really can understand what Solomon must have been feeling or at least what David understood that he might have been feeling. I often feel the same way. What a monumental task!! How am I ever going to accomplish this? What if it fails? What if we don't reach anyone? I continually have to remind myself that this is not MY project! It is God's project and He is just using me as a worker. I cannot build a successful church. I'm not that smart, good, nor holy. However, my foreman is. His name is God. John, have you consulted with him on the building plans today? If not and you do this on your own...it will NOT be done correctly. When I become afraid or discouraged...I must remember that I am only a worker. God is the project manager and he will see to it that all work related to the Temple of the Lord will be done correctly.

No comments: