Friday, May 4, 2007

Building a House 5/01/2007

Scripture: Lord, remember David and all that he sufferedc. He made a solemn promise to the Lord. He vowed to the mighty one of Isreal, I will not go home; I will not let myself rest. I will not let my eyelids slumber until I find a place to build a house for the Lord. A sanctuary for the might one of Israel. Psalm 132:1-5

Observation: David was determined to build this House for the Lord. It became personal between him nad God and he was going to see it through. No matter what.

Application: I feel the calling of the Lord upon my heart to build a community of faith. A place where disciples are made and re-made and this brings glory to God. There will be suffering, there will be sleepless nights, but it's worth it.

Prayer: O Lord, as I and my family embark upon this adventure. may we go with eyes open. I lift up Jill and ask that you give her strength in ways she can't imagine. I ask for your blessing uon this endevour. Use us and the gifts you hve given to us in order to bring you glory. In Christ I pray.

No comments: