Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Law, The Kindness and The Life

Scripture: The Law came, so that the full power of sin could be seen. Yet where sin was powerful, God's kindness was even more powerful. Sin ruled by means of death. But God's kindness now rules, and God has accepted us because of Jesus Christ our Lord. This means that we will have eternal life. Romans 5:20-21

Oberservation: Sin came into the world with one action...Adam taking a bite. Before this happened, there was no law, but God sent the Law so the full power of sin might be realized, so that it might be seen for what it really is...death. However, God has so much love for us, he was not satisfiedthat his children were being lost to death and thus came Jesus. Through this act of kindness God accepted us and defeated death through eternal life.

Application: When I was a little boy, I would do something wrong and usually get away with it. I was a pretty sneaky fellow. Yet, as I would lay down and try to go to sleep whatever I had done woudl grate upon my soul. I couldn't sleep, I couldn' forget about it and I knew what I had to do. I had to get up and share what I had done with my mom. Even when it hadn't been done directly to her, it was her that i went to. She was the one who loved me the most. So, I would go and sit on her bed and tell her what I had done. She always had good advice as to what I should do but she always forgave me and a release woudl come over me. I could go back to my room and go to sleep without any trouble.

I believe that most of us know right from wrong. I know that I do, but I don't always follow that and I will even make excuses such as I didn't know that was wrong...but deep inside, I really did. I'm guilty and even though I am trying now to get closer to God on a more intimate level...I still stumble. But through God's kindness and love...there is grace. A forgiving grace that allows me to cast aside those things that I have done and start over. He has also given me power to overcome so many things that held me captive at one time or another. Through His Son a bridge has been build to cross that gap between us and God. There is hope, there is peace, there is joy unimaginable.

Prayer: Almight God, I've had so much thrown at me lately. Some I have handled well and in ways that you woudl be proud. Some I have not handled so much in a way that you would be excited about. I'm sorry. However, I know that the place that I have gotten too is a place that you have lead me to. A place that I could not have achieved if you were not in my life. So, I keep moving along...trying to get close to you.

No comments: