Sunday, May 20, 2007

Learning and Doing

Scripture: I will sing to your Lord! I will celebrate your kindness and your justice. Please help me to learn to do the right thing and I will be honest and fair in my own kingdom. I refuse to be corrupt or to take part in anything crooked, and I won't be dishonest or deceitful.

Observation: This Psalm has two key factors. The first is a request for the Lord to help me to learn to do the right thing. Learning is a process. It does not happen (usually) all at once. And thus learning to do the right thing takes time. However, there is also a choice to be made. By the Psalmist saying that I refuse to be corrupt, dishones or decietful and that a choice will be made to be honest and fair. Learning and doing. Making choices to do the right things.

Application: Each day we are growing. If we are not growing, we are dead. It happens in the physical world...if we stop growing, we die. It happens in the spiritual world in that if we are not growing spiritually, we are dead spiritually. In our growth, there is a learning process that requires Gods help. We can't do it on our own but God doesn't teach us without our input. We have to be willing to put forth the effort to learn the right thing; retain the right thing and the to do the right thing. .

Prayer: Almight God, help me to learn what is good and right. Help me to be able to tell what is from you and what is of htis world. Then give me the courage to do what it takes to do the right thing. Thank you Lord for loving me so much. In Christ...

No comments: