Friday, May 4, 2007

Peace 4/29/07

Scripture: O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know when my thought are far away. you see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. YOu place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is to wonderful for me...to great for me to understand. Psalm 139:106

Observation: The Lord is present!! He is always with me and knows everything. This is great news. We are never alone, even in the most lonely times.

Application: I've had to make some hard decisions with my mom in the last several weeks and it culminated yesterday with me stepping out of the picture all together. Feelings of shame, disappointment, confusion, fear for her have enveloped my life. But to read and to know that I am not alone. That my God has his hand of blessing upon my head is too wonderful to understand. Yet, I find peace and comfort.

I feel a great spiritual unrest in my life right now. I feel that I am being attacked on all sides, Yet, through this scripture. I find hope that I am not the first to go through this. Even David had his enemies. With God's help, I will make it through.

Prayer: Most awesome God, creator of all there is... Lay your hands upon my head. Allow your power to flow through my body. Use me in ways that I can't dream of. Cast out the imperfections that hold me back. Bless me with a more tolerant heart and a slower knee jerk reaction. I know htat wnen I do that, it's not pleasing to you and does not bring you honr; it does not mend fences but tears them down. Almighty God, put in me a spirit of reconcilation. A desire to build a bridge instead of creating a chasim. In your name, becuase I am not good enough to do this on my own, I pray...Amen.

No comments: