Friday, May 4, 2007

Tough Times 4/27/2007

Scripture: "I cry out to the Lord; I plead for the Lord's mercy. I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles. When I'm overwhelmed, you alone knw the way I should turn." Psalm 142:1-3

Oberservation: The Psalmist David, someone who was very close to God had complaints, troubles and felt, at times, overwhelmed. If this is something that David experienced why wouldn't I? Even after all he had accomplished with Goalith, Saul, being a king. He still expereinced life...the ups and the downs.

Application: There are times in life in which we experience great joy. We love life. It is so good and everything is going according to our plan. Then BLAM! All at once it all falls apart. We have a God whom we can cry out to. A God who loves us, listens to our troubles and who also knows what we should do. We often times get into trouble because we are doing our own thing, but God alone knows the way. Trust in God.

Prayer: Almighty God. Through the ups and the downs of life show us the way and allow us to let out what is in our heart to you. Amen.

No comments: