Friday, May 4, 2007

How Great is our God 5/02/2007

Scripture: Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he had done. Sing to him, sing his praises. Tell everyone about his miricles. Exalt his holy name; O worshippers of the Lord, rejoice; search for the Lord and his strength and keep on searching. . Think of the wonderful things he has done, the miracles, ahd the judgements handed down.

Observation: God is great and the whole world needs to know. We need to know what he has done and what kind of God he is and find peace and comfort in that knowledge.

Application: Everywhere I look, I'm going to see the majisty, the greatness of God. Through the birds singing, the sun rising, my dog laying at my feet, my child who woke up without me having to tell her. How will I be diferent, I'm going to rejoice in God and bathe in his glory. When the world hits and I'm cast down again by life. I will remember and celebrate how awesome our God is.

Prayer: Oh God, what messes I find myself in. M, E, and just the turmoil of life. It affects everything I do. I try to handle it all myself. I try to be God and I am not. Lord, right now, I don't know where my mom is. I pray that she is okay. I ask that you watch over her and I give it to you. Lord I ask for the opportunity to talk with J. (A member of the church and we haven't been seeing eye to eye) If that opportunity comes lord, grant me the wisdom to say to her what needs to be said and for me to listen to what needs to be heard.

Lord, I ask for your guidance and dirrction with this new church. Show me the path that you would have me go down and I will do my best to bring your glory.

Wow! Pretty selfish prayer huh?

No comments: