Thursday, May 31, 2007

My Wife

Scripture: "A man's greatest treasure is his wife-- she is a gift from the Lord." Proverbs 18:22

Observation: A wife is a gift from God and the greatest treasure a man could ever have.

Application: My wife has been the greatest gift I have ever received. I don't know how I would have made it through the hardest times of my life (at least in the last 2 years) without her being by my side. She provides a strength that can only be from God. She loves me unconditionally and even when I do something stupid...(which is pretty often). She is the one who pushes me along when I think I can go no further and she is the one who tells me to be kind, or to calm down or to slow down when I begin to get the cart ahead of the horse. She is the one whom I trust the most and who I know will give me the advice I need to hear, not neccessarily the advice I want to hear. She is my partner but most of all she is my friend.

She is the one that I want to be with when I don't want to be with anyone else. She is the one who I want to be alone with on a Saturday afternoon exploring antique shops. She is the one who I want to run away with and spend the weekend in the most beautiful places in the world. She is the one that I want to grow old with and she is the one whom I want holding my hand when I go home. (We made a deal that I would go first)

I love her, want to honor her and I thank God every day that He blessed us with each other to make this journey through life together.

Prayer: Almighty God, thank you for Jill. A friend, a partner, a lover, a confidant, a source of strength and the mother of my children. You are such a great God and I know that your grace abounds when it makes no sense. This is evident in you blessing me with Jill. I thank you and priase your holy name for her.

No comments: